Oral cancer is one of the most easily treatable forms of cancer, but can be deadly if undiagnosed and untreated. At the office of Andrew Cohen, DMD and Associates, we are committed to diagnosing and treating oral cancer as early as possible. When you visit our office for your regular exams, we will also perform an oral cancer screening to check for abnormal tissue or other signs of oral cancer in your mouth.
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, cheeks, throat, sinuses, floor of the mouth and hard and soft palates. While our experienced dentist perform oral cancer screenings in our office, we also encourage you to stay aware of your mouth and seek treatment if you experience pain or notice any unusual symptoms.
Common symptoms of oral cancer include:
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- A persistent sore throat
- Feeling that something is caught at the back of your throat
- Lingering sores on the face, neck or mouth that bleed easily and do not heal within two weeks
- Ear pain
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain or numbness in the face, neck or mouth
- Lumps, bumps or rough spots on the lips or gums, or in other areas of the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking or swallowing
- Red, white or speckled patches in your mouth
- Changes in your bite or the fit of your dentures
For more information about oral cancer screening in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, and to schedule an appointment with Dr. Andrew Cohen or Dr. Matt Garbin, call us today at 215-572-7566.